Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I carry Wasp energy

When I was around 8 years of age, I was sitting on my grandmother's metal glider. What I didn't know was that there was a wasp nest under it and the community did not like that I was swinging the glider.

Before I knew it I was swarmed by the wasps and stung, my mom said, probably 50 times. I had stings all over my body. The interesting thing is that until 5 years ago I thought it was my middle sister who had the experience. I can close my eyes and see her getting stung; her sitting on the kitchen counter getting attended to; her crying, but in fact it was me. Funny how the mind works.

So I have been thinking lately about wasps; maybe cause there is a wasp nest now in the ceiling of my balcony. But none the less; wasp has been on my mind as has this experience. I looked up WASP symbolism and this is what I found:



 Animal Symbolism of the Wasp
Animal symbolism of the Wasp Animal symbolism of the wasp deals with:
  • order
  • construction
  • communication
  • involvement
  • development
  • progress
  • team-work
  • productivity
In some African traditions, the wasp is a symbol of evolution, and control over our life circumstances.
Some Native American Indian tribal myth inidcates the wasp as the creator of the earth, and was a symbol of order, organization as well as productivity.
Ancient European lore recognizes the wasp as big part in pollination. Here the wasp is symbolic of fertility as this genre of earth-based believers honored the wasp for its role in continuation of certain plants and flowers.
The prime season of the wasp is spring, and so it is symbolic of new beginnings, and starting new projects.
The wasp is very social, and has special means of communication with its family. When the wasp appears in our lives it is a message for us to consider our own methods of communication. The wasp might be a sign that we may need to express ourselves more clearly.
Because the wasp is symbolic of communication, order and productivity, those who encounter the wasp may ask themselves:
  • "Are all my affairs in order?"
  • "Am I aligning myself with my goals?"
  • "Am I procrastinating about something?"
  • "Am I keeping myself from reaching my highest potential?"
  • "Am I allowing my progress to be held back by others?"
Those with the wasp as their totem may learn more by asking these questions of themselves, and calling upon the wasp for more clarification too.
Wasps are perfect totems for those of us who need a bit of organized focus, and assistance with assertive communication.
The wasp can also help in areas of building, whether it be a new home, or building on a dream - the wasp is a master architect and can guide you with the planning of any building project you have in mind.


Interesting enough is that I am a very organized person and when I look back over my life of employment I see that I succeed at everything I do. I am highly productive.

So, I think when I was stung; I received WASP energy that has led me through my life! I am all about community and good communication. My affairs are in order; I align myself with my goals and I never procrastinate.

But I must say, I need to call upon WASP now that I have this dream of living in a cottage type house surrounded by trees. I can feel it in my soul that this will happen. What is holding me back? The fear that I cannot afford to do this. It is all about money.

So that's my connection with the wasp! There is something to be said that I didn't have a bad reaction to the stings; only that itching that comes from a bee sting. But the gifts have been worth every sting. Especially since I only remember it happening to my sister!

Gotta love the brain of protection!

Blessed be!

5 comments:

  1. You know, it is interesting that your brain shielded you from memories of that pain! That also proves that your brain can shield you of other painful memories of the past-thus allowing you to become totally free to pursue your dream of the cottage in the trees. I can see you there now!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting indeed .I can see you through imagination as you scream all the way for safety and you stand there feel the gradual decline of adrenaline , and after that you go about telling each friend you meet out there .
    You probably had the best experience of a life time .

    WISHING YOU MORE STINGS AND PROGRESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got Stung today never been stung before ...I am going through a transition not sure if I could relocate perhaps its a message to go for it ...thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete