Monday, March 12, 2012

Daylight Savings Time

I felt like I had jet lag today! Daylight Savings Time always sets my body in a whirlwind ride! Either way; lose an hour or gain an hour; doesn't make any difference. But it is interesting to me how us human beings feel the need to Control. So much that we Control what time the sun comes up and goes down....or so we think! What a false sense of Control that is. And wait; there are some states in the US that don't participate. They decide to Control whether they want to play the game or not. They decide to keep Time as it's suppose to be and not make people change all the darn clocks and watches they own twice a year. (Oh, and I always forget the one in my car and pretty soon I will get caught off guard thinking I am late going somewhere and I hate being late!)

And so it goes! I never understood why some human decided it was necessary to do this. Oh yes, I know it was so the farmers had more light to do their work and it helps the travel industry and it is nice to come home after a long day at work and still have light outside, but really folks...it's an hour!

But what i know is that Gaia doesn't care! The Sun still rises when He rises and set when He sets! We can't control that much. And Goddess Moon rises and sets in Her own Time and not ours! How frustrating that must be for all the control freaks out there! For me that is a comforting feeling, that four times a day I don't have to worry about whether the Sun and Moon rise and set. It is all taken care of for me!

I wish I could say that about the rest of my life!

Blessed be!

1 comment: