Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Full Moon Ritual: the gathering of the Witches


Full Moon Ritual tonight was beyond incredible. I am very fortunate to have my apartment balcony face the direction of the moon's journey from rising to setting. She shines onto my balcony for about 6 hours. She shines onto the altar I set up to honor Her and to charge my stones, wand, etc. I lit two candles and my incense. Nag Champa of course; my favorite!


She called to me tonight to come and stand before Her and soak up Her energy. And this I said:
I call upon She who unveils all mysteries!
Oh Mother of all Creation, Goddess Hecate,
the Three and the One.
Goddess of fertility and fullness.
Oh wise one, filled with Luna's secrets
whose torches of the Moon light the darkened sky.
Full-orbed Hecate, Mistress of enchantments,
Queen of Heaven, Earth and the Underworld,
Protectress of all Witches,
Come Now into me your priestess
Fill Me with Your Presence
Oh Gracious Queen of all Witches as I attend this Rite.


And the clouds left the sky and there She was in all Her glory with Mars to Her right and Venus and Jupiter to Her Left and the cosmos was bowing to their Goddess! And I was in awe and began the ritual. I called by name those dear witch friends of mine. I held out my hands and could actually see them gathering from all over the world and I took the hands of those standing beside me; and they took the hands of the next as they all gathered. They were standing in the air; not on the ground as I live on the second floor. And I felt the energy going through both my arms into my hands and into the bodies of all who had gathered. We stood and let our energy heal and bless and comfort each other.

Then we spoke as She, for we and She are one and the same. The Charge was spoken:
I am Goddess of three Moons.
I am mistress of the Night.
I am the richness of the Earth.
I am the Moon and the Seas.
I am all that was and is and ever shall be.
Nor has any mortal ever seen that which lies beyond my veil
for I am indeed mistress of mysteries and the keeper of the keys.
I am Queen of all living things, for I Am Goddess of Nature.
I smile and the radiance of the Moon is everywhere.
Gather in secret if you must,
but do not tarry too long behind closed doors,
for it is in the richness of the earth and the boundlessness
of the sky that my true temple is to be found;
And the Moon, and the sun and stars will keep you secrets.
I am all these things and more.
Hear my words my children and worship and be glad.
Look for me within these things but above all,
within your own soul, for it is there that I am.
I have been with you in the beginning
and I shall be with you at the end.
I am the womb of new beginnings,
as yet unimagined and unknown.  (ritual written by Witchwillow)

We stood and soaked up Her energy and then one by one the witches left. I bowed to Her, blew out the candles and brought the incense inside after anointing the balcony, stones and myself.

I felt like I was walking on air. Ethereal is the word that kept coming to mind. I am blessed that Moon Goddess shared Her Energy and that the Witches came from all over the world in Spirit to join in this amazing time!

Blessed be!   



No comments:

Post a Comment