Friday, May 25, 2012

Divine Appointments

The one very positive thing about getting older is the ability to look back over my life and watch the video play! What I most like to pause and reflect on are those Divine Appointments! Here is my definition of Divine Appointments: those times when Goddess orchestrates moments that surprise us, move us, or move others. It is those unexpected moments, those times when once we view them after the fact we know that it was only by the hand of Goddess that what happened happened. And sometimes these appointments use us to help another, or use another to help us; sometimes these appointments bring about heartache and sometimes joy; these appointments often wow us but sometimes they happen in a very quiet moment that only we are aware of. They are moments we say, "wow, Goddess sure had a hand in this."

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that Goddess has our back; sometimes She actually moves us like chess pieces and other times She sets us free to move ourselves even if it is not what She would like. But Divine Appointments are those times when She definitely has a hand in what is happening and She set it up way before it happened. Sometimes we don't even know that we have been involved in a Divine Appointment because we aren't open to seeing through the Veil!

This evening I was remembering one such time. I was at the grocery store after work and in a hurry to get home. It was a hot summer day and as I drove out of the parking lot my eyes were diverted to an elderly woman pulling a cart behind her full of groceries. She was struggling to walk in the heat and with the heavy cart. As I came upon her I thought, "I need to stop and ask if I can take her home. The cart would fit in the back of my car as it was small and I figured she lived close by as she was walking." Divine Appointment!!!!

I would like to tell you that I stopped and did just that. I would love to say that I put this elderly woman in my car and drove her home and that Goddess had used me in a wonderful way. But I did not. I kept on driving. I let this elderly woman pull her cart home in the heat of the day. Yep; that's what I did because I was in a hurry to get home. I don't even know why I was in a hurry, but I can remember the feeling I had when I drove down the street.



All of a sudden I could hardly breathe; I got shaky; I thought I was going to cry. I began looking for a place to turn around so I could go back and do what Goddess had told me to do, but there was no where and then I heard Goddess say: "I am sorry, you missed the Divine Appointment I had set up for you. Now go home."

I carried this feeling with me for a long time. I found myself looking for another person who needed me to take them home, but there were none. And Goddess said to me, "You cannot go back and try to fix what you did not do. The woman I drew your eyes to was in need of you that day, you were in need of her that day, but you didn't listen. You missed the Divine Appointment!"

I learned a lot that day about Watching and Listening. I don't go through my day looking for Divine Appointments. What I learned to do was to be open to receiving the message. I wake up each day and thank Goddess ahead of time for any Appointments she has scheduled for me; I ask that my mind, eyes, ears and heart be open when that Appointment arrives and if there are none for that day I thank Her for keeping me in mind for another day!

I have listened and followed through more often than not I have to say, mainly because I have also learned that Goddess often doesn't give us a chance to say yes or no; we just find ourselves looking back and saying "wow, that was really cool!" , but it is those times where I see that I didn't that stay with me the most.

Pay attention to those times in your day when you just "happen" to be there when someone needs a smile or a hug; those times when someone needs a shoulder to lean on or help with opening a door; those times when you take the time to say good morning or pick up an elderly woman pulling a cart on a hot day. It's usually in the mundane every day moments that Goddess uses Her magick to make it a Divine Appointment.

We just need to show up!

Blessed be!




1 comment:

  1. Very true, Sistah! Goddess speaks from deep within, sometimes with screams, and sometimes with whispers... so always listen to your gut instinct. Act first. The reasons (may) come later.

    PS - did you notice that you posted this at 11:11? Perhaps that number means something, so pay attention! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete